Sunday, July 10, 2011

Wake up Call

Dude.

I'm too fat for my saddle.

No, I'm being serious.

I'm. Too. FAT. For. My. Saddle.

I can fit in it, but my fleshy thighs are all squished and uncomfortable against the pommel and it shoves me forward and throws my center of balance off.

I caught myself logging onto Craigslist to browse through the Farm & Garden section and looking to see how much a used 16" might go for since my 15" saddle no longer fits.

Then I paused and gave it some thought..... REALLY, Becky? REALLY? Could I get any lazier or stereotypically American?

So, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to bed. I have to get up early in the morning, pack my salad and go for a run.

Because, SERIOUSLY. I out-fatted my saddle.

:(

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Veronica Foale said...

Better this than say, a heart attack? I mean, you've caught it early and all.

I shouldn't joke.

Also, you just had a baby, like what, 2 minutes ago? Cut yourself some slack (to have with your salad and run).

xxx

July 11, 2011 at 1:54 AM  
Blogger RuckusButt said...

15" is a pretty tiny saddle anyway...you riding ponies?

July 11, 2011 at 6:52 AM  
Blogger AareneX said...

I haven't fit into a 15" saddle for yonks because my legs are so muscular.

There. Now you have justification. Although probably going for a run will make the justification seem more realistic...maybe I should try that someday...

July 11, 2011 at 8:26 AM  
Blogger Dom said...

Dude... I like to think I'm pretty fit and I ride in a 17" saddle!

July 11, 2011 at 11:35 AM  
Blogger Dom said...

Dude... I like to think I'm pretty fit and I ride in a 17" saddle!

July 11, 2011 at 11:35 AM  
Blogger Fox in the City said...

It took me a moment to figure out you were talking about a saddle for a horse . . . I don't even know what I thought you were talking about.

I agree with Veronica, you have a lot on your plate right now. Cut yourself a bit of slack but pack a salad if that makes you feel better.
Jenn

July 11, 2011 at 11:42 AM  
Blogger Albigears said...

Are you talking english or western? A 15" english saddle is for kids. So is a 16". Adult sizes start at 17". I dunno about western.

July 11, 2011 at 1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to be small enough to ride a 15" saddle again, but I haven't done that since high school, and then I'd have to buy new saddles, and my 17" saddles weren't cheap

July 12, 2011 at 7:29 AM  
Blogger mugwump said...

Been there.How about too fat for your best show hat? Serious.

July 12, 2011 at 8:31 PM  
Blogger Kaje said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

July 22, 2011 at 11:49 AM  
Blogger Kaje, Rob, Jordo said...

hmmmm...I wonder if I should I apply this to my outlook on post-pregnancy pants...

July 22, 2011 at 11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home