Thursday, June 30, 2011

Enunciation: Part Two

The DragonMonkey loves trucks. They have wheels, they roll, you can crash them into things...what's not to love?


Trucks, Trucks, Trucks. It's even fun to say.


Except he can't pronounce "r"s.


And he pronounces "t"s as "f"s.


So, what does truck sound like when you remove the "r" and replace the "t" with an "f"?

I'll give you a moment to sound it out in your head.















Okay, Is everyone with me?

Yeah.

In the interest of keeping this blog semi-clean, I'm just gonna go ahead and write "truck". You guys can use your imaginations as to how the following conversations sounded in real life.





"Mama! Want my TRUCK! My TRUCK!"


Then, after he had finished playing with it, he politely tried to share with me, handing me the plastic yellow truck with a huge grin: "Truck? Truck you? Truck Mama?"







Naturally, in the interest of sharing, it's always nice to give Bad Max a turn with the toy:

"Mama give TRUCK to doggie? Doggie truck? DOGGIE TRUCK? DOGGIE TRUCK!"







My favorite conversation occurred in the grocery store, after I took away his toy truck for throwing it at people:

"TRUUUUUUUUCK!!!!! MY TRUUUUUCK! MAMA, MY TRUCK!" (keep in mind that we are in a very crowded grocery store at this point and that the DragonMonkey is impossibly loud when he's angry.) "Mama, TRUCK! Truck now! Now, mama. TRUCK! Truck to me! Truck me! TRUCK! ME TRUCK! TRUCK ME! NO TRUCK YOU... TRUCK ME! "







Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's not alone. There are plenty of kids that can't pronounce truck. DragonMonkey is ADORABLE though, so it has to be cute coming from him.

June 30, 2011 at 7:47 PM  
Blogger AareneX said...

Try this one, DM: FIRETruck.

head/desk.

>g<

June 30, 2011 at 7:55 PM  
Blogger Veronica Foale said...

Hahahahaaaa. Ahem.

July 1, 2011 at 3:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is to funny - but you might not have thought so at the time I'm thinking!!

July 1, 2011 at 4:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh yeah. My baby girl would shout "I'm a bidj!"

She meant bridge.

R is far too important a letter to be so late in forming.

July 1, 2011 at 5:35 AM  
Blogger Albigears said...

Hahahaha

July 1, 2011 at 10:51 AM  
Blogger Dom said...

I just about peed my pants reading this.

July 1, 2011 at 12:01 PM  
Blogger phaedra96 said...

Yeah, we had a session over *ucky fied chicken!!!My sentiments exactly.

July 2, 2011 at 4:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya my son did the same thing.

He would yell, at the top of his little squeaky voice, BIG FIRE *UCK every time he saw one from the window of the car. Of course the window was down and we were stopped at a traffic light surrounded by cars. With their windows down.

I'm saving lots of naked baby pictures and black mail stories for his wedding, payback will be mine BBBBWWWWWHHHHAAAAHHHAAAAAA

July 2, 2011 at 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home