Monday, June 27, 2011

Enunciation

"Awamahnkee."

"What?"

"Awahmahnkeepeezmahnkeemama."

"WHAT?"

Sigh (<---that's the two year old sighing, not me.)

"Awah."

"Are you saying 'I want'?"

"Yup."

"Well, then say it like that. Say 'Iiiii'."

"Iiiiii"

"WaaaaaaanT."

"Waaaaaant."

"Say 'I waaaanT'"

"I waaaaaan."

"Close enough, DragonMonkey. Now, what do you want?"

"Wan Man-key."

"Monkey?

"MAN-KEY!"

"Blankey?"

"Yup."

"You want your blankey?"

"Yup."

"Well, then say it right. 'Iiii waaaanT my BBLLLLLLLLLLLLankey, please.'"

"Mahnkey."

"Say it right or you don't get it. Say 'Buh'. "

"Buh."

"Say 'LLlllllll'."

"Lllllllll."

"Say 'Bllllll'."

"Bllllll!"

"Say 'Blllllll-ankey!'."

"Blllllll...Mahnkey!"

"BLAAAAAAAAANKEY, DragonMonkey! It's BLLLLLLANKEY! Not Bull-Monkey, not Man-key, BLANKEY!"

"Yup! Yaaaay, Mama!" Clap, clap, clap.





SIIIIIGH. I'm so glad my two year old approves of the way I pronounce 'blankey'. It's good to know he thinks I'm doing at least one thing right.


Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Fox in the City said...

They get so frustrated when we don't understand what in the world they are saying! I love that look of "Really mom, I was being so clear and yet you give me x instead of y. What were you thinking?"
Jenn

June 27, 2011 at 12:33 PM  
Blogger AareneX said...

You could just try handing him random things until he says words you understand....?

June 27, 2011 at 12:46 PM  
Blogger Dom said...

It's like talking to my co-workers....

June 27, 2011 at 12:51 PM  
Blogger Veronica Foale said...

I am still trying to get Amy to pronounce some stuff correctly. She gets just as huffy as DM.

June 27, 2011 at 6:48 PM  
Blogger Whywudyabreedit said...

Wow, is he really only two? He is so tall and dashing looking for two =)

June 28, 2011 at 7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home