Sunday, July 3, 2011

Wanna Be My Friend?

Veronica , who I am beginning to think might actually be the Queen of teh Internet, managed to sneak me onto Google + (Google Plus?).

After spending so many years on Facebook, it's kind of frustrating trying to learn an entirely new system. I mean, BLECH. I hate feeling all awkward and whatnot.

That said, I think Google Plus is going to be a lot better than Facebook. At the very least, it's going to force Facebook to fix all of its most annoying issues. Should I add my boss? Does he actually need to know that the DragonMonkey keeps purposefully peeing in his crib? I want to post something funny that happened to The Bean and I... but no, I have some younger homeschooled acquaintances on here and their moms who trusted me would KILL me if I insinuated anything vaguely dirty. And no, I do NOT want to adopt your lonely, orphan pink calf or join your Mafia.

What I like MOST about Google Plus is that I don't have any family members over there. All of my family is all safely ensconced in Facebook. This is important because the only family who know about my blog thus far are my sister and The Bean. I know one day someone will stumble upon it, but I kind of like being free to write about nakedness and failed sex attempts until then. I mean, I'll still write about it after the jig is up. I'll just have to cringe when I see them in person.

Anyways, I signed up for Google Plus with my blog's email address: blogofbecky@gmail.com.

It felt great to proudly posted a link to my blog in my profile--- It almost felt healing.

My name is Becky. I write a blog. Woot!

And if any of you get a Google Plus account once they open it up to the masses, I'd love to add you as a "friend".

That is, once I figure out how. Sigh. I hate learning curves.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Fox in the City said...

For someone who has a blog, I know very little about social media. What is this new fangled Google + thing I keep reading about. Hum, perhaps I should google it.
Jenn

July 5, 2011 at 7:39 AM  
Anonymous Bad Pants said...

My jealousy is to depths I had not previously known existed...

I'll gladly plus you as soon as I can join the cool kids.

July 8, 2011 at 9:06 AM  
Blogger lopinon4 said...

Ditto Bad Pants.

July 9, 2011 at 8:49 AM  
Blogger Whywudyabreedit said...

What is your name on Google + ?

August 3, 2011 at 7:30 AM  
Blogger Whywudyabreedit said...

What is your name on Google + ?

August 3, 2011 at 7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home