Thursday, June 9, 2011

Favorites

It's only a little over a mile from my house to the beach, but some days that mile seems to last forever.

"Go beach?"

"Yes."

"Go beach?"

"Yes."

"Go beach?"

"Yes."

""Go beach?"

"Yes."

"Go beach?"

"Yes."

"Go beach?"

"Yes."

"Go beach?"

"NO." <--me, annoyed at answering the same question and changing my answer.

"GO BEACH?!" <-- The DragonMonkey, sounding incredibly distraught.

"Yes."

"GO BEACH?"

"Yes."

"Go beach?"

"Yes."

"Go beach?"

"No." (what can I say? It gets boring saying the same thing 300 million times in a row.)

"GO BEACH?!?!?!?!GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH?GO BEACH? GO BE--"

"YES!" I interrupt. "WE ARE GOING TO THE BEACH. I HAVE SAID NOTHING BUT YES SINCE WE GOT IN THIS CAR. I HAVE SAID YES. I HAVE SAID NO. I HAVE IGNORED YOU. I HAVE ANSWERED YOU. YOU SEE THAT WE ARE ON THE WAY TO THE BEACH. WHY DO YOU KEEP ASKING?"

Silence.

"Go beach?"


And then once we do get there...

Run! Run! Hahahahahahhahahaha! Run! Run! Run! Run! Hahahahahahaha! Run!

Trip. Fall.

Wait.

OMG. Sand. OMG. He has SAND. SAAAND. On his hands! SAND! Wash. Wash them repeatedly! Holy crap, another tiny speck of sand!

"MEEESS! MEESSSS! MESS! MESS! MESS! MESS!"

He flaps his hands frantically at me, wails tinged with hysteria. His face reddens as he tilts on the edge of a complete breakdown.

Meanwhile, The Squidgelet smiles up at me placidly from the Ergo, patiently waiting for me to notice his smile so he can grin even wider.









Who says you're not allowed to have favorites?

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Dom said...

Leave one at the beach :-P Hahaha.

June 9, 2011 at 6:20 PM  
Blogger Veronica Foale said...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we're allowed to like one child more on occasion.

June 9, 2011 at 6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oy. Just wait until the DragonMonkey is asking you what everything is made out of. Save yourself the headache and just say, "Minerals and water" from the get go.

June 9, 2011 at 6:44 PM  
Blogger Justaplainsam said...

Oh just wait untill both of them are talking!

June 10, 2011 at 4:49 PM  
Blogger JJ said...

I'm pretty sure there were plenty of times when I was not the favored child while growing up! Squidgelet is too darn cute...love that smile!

June 11, 2011 at 9:16 AM  
Blogger Jamethiel said...

I don't have two, but I definitely prefer one of Kaeden's moods over another...like when he's being Mr. McFlirty. I do recommend earplugs...or a recording, where you can hit a button so DragonMonkey can hear you say "Yes" over & over without you having to say it :)
FYI, not my original idea-got it off of Toni Dinozzo from NCIS!

June 11, 2011 at 9:48 PM  
Blogger Bookmaster said...

OMG, Reason does this (repeated question). Just last week: "Mommy, can we go to the Library?" "Sure" "Please?" "Yes" "Can we PLEASE go the the library?" "I said yes, we are going." "Please can we go to the library?" "YES!! We are getting in the car RIGHT NOW on our way to story time at the Library!!" "Please?"

October 30, 2011 at 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home