Friday, March 25, 2011

Weird Food

I went grocery shopping at the Asian grocery store with my Thai stepmom the other day.

The store was really cool, and filled with some really strange items. I did my best to take photos, but I felt kind of weird walking around the store taking picture of the food instead of buying it. I tried to make it look like I was taking pictures of the DragonMonkey, but I'm sure I wasn't nearly as covert as I hoped to be. Besides, at at 5'9" I was by FAR the biggest person in the store, so it was a little hard to hide.


Anyways, without further ado, I give you:





STRANGE FOOD





Look! Yoshi food!









We have more soy sauce than you do. I know this because Tyler knows this.









You silly little westerners with your Chicken Noodle soup. Pah. Live a little.











"Honey? What's for dinner?"










I have no idea what this is, but I'm pretty sure it's about to eat the Squidgelet.









Lotus Root. Hah. And you thought those tiny little cars were engineered.







I couldn't seem to take a decent photo of the Jack Fruit. This was the world's ugliest fruit. It's the size of a watermelon and covered completely in angry little nodules.












For when your regular-colored Daikon simply won't do:










Ummmmmm:




Yeah, nevermind. I don't want to know. At least it's on sale.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well I'm normally somewhat adventurous with food, but I think I'll stick to rice and beans today!

March 26, 2011 at 4:59 AM  
Blogger mugwump said...

I'm headed off to the Asian market... I'm going to try stuff. I have a recipe for Boston Pork Butt....

March 26, 2011 at 7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, um, thanks for the tour, does your stepmom make you eat this stuff???

March 29, 2011 at 12:57 PM  
Blogger Bif said...

Yeah, but what does the ugly fruit TASTE like??

February 10, 2012 at 8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home