Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Neat!

The Shake (an online Australian magazine) published one of my articles.

COOL.

It makes me feel like a legit writer, or something.

Anyways, you can go read it here:


Click here to read about animal sex, because I'm classy like that.


Also, in the spirit of "it's my blog and I feel like bragging on myself":

Guess who had a bright red face and cried when she crossed the finish line of her first 10k last Saturday?







I didn't even puke afterwards, although there were a few minutes where it was touch and go. 

I said as much to the bake sale lady while I was sipping water, trying to calm down, and the look on her face reminded me that I really need to find a way to get better at small talk.

Anyways, I went for a nice, slow run today (and by slow I mean that the DragonMonkey leaned his head back at one point and asked if he could get out and walk beside the stroller) and realized that one day I may even be crazy enough to try a half marathon... or at the very least a Ride and Tie event.

Maybe I'll even learn how to cross the finish line without bursting into happy tears.

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Snipe said...

Congrats on getting your article published, and double congrats on the 10k! That's quite an accomplishment.

May 28, 2013 at 11:40 PM  
Blogger Snipe said...

PS, I read your article and laughed the whole time.

May 29, 2013 at 12:37 AM  
Blogger CT said...

Well done on the 10kkm! Off to read article now...

May 29, 2013 at 2:51 AM  
Blogger Jamethiel said...

You went to the zoo in the spring.
On a nice, sunny-ish day.

Really, you did want Joe to have to give that talk already, didn't you? :)

May 29, 2013 at 8:32 AM  
Blogger RuckusButt said...

Awesome on both! Why would you want to stop breaking into happy tears?? So few things in life give happy tears, don't wish it away!

May 29, 2013 at 8:53 AM  
Blogger Half Dozen Farm said...

Awesome job on the 10k! I'm not there yet, maybe next year.

The article was great, and congrats on getting published!

May 29, 2013 at 10:11 AM  
Blogger Veronica Foale said...

Congratulations on the 10k! That's awesome.

May 29, 2013 at 6:57 PM  
Blogger Doranna said...

Congrats on both counts, and I hope you never learn how not to cry. :)
Small talk, though, that does come in handy.

May 30, 2013 at 6:20 AM  
Blogger AareneX said...

You are awesome. That is all.

May 30, 2013 at 9:37 AM  
Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

Oh do the happy tears! You've earned it!

May 30, 2013 at 12:51 PM  
Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

Oh do the happy tears! You've earned it!

May 30, 2013 at 12:52 PM  
Blogger shadowlake2005 said...

Oh, you are so effin funny! Write more, please. And I'm with RuckusButt, seize the happy tears, they are precious.

May 31, 2013 at 5:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations on both those accomplishments! You have every right to cry and feel proud :)

June 13, 2013 at 2:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations on both those accomplishments! You have every right to cry and feel proud :)

June 13, 2013 at 2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home