Sunday, April 7, 2013

Who the Heck is Michael?

"Miiiiichael!  Michael!  Miiiii---iii-iiiiiichaaaaaaeeeeeelllllll....."

"DragonMonkey, who are you calling?"

"I calling Michael, Mama.  I need him get me some more toilet paper."

Um.  Michael?  Okay, now I'm curious. "Uhhh, would you like me to get you some toilet paper?"

"Yes, please, Mama."

"Here you go..... and DragonMonkey?  Who is Michael?"

"Michael's your brother.  MICHAAEEEEELLLLL....."

"DragonMonkey - I don't have a brother named Michael.  Who is Michael?"

"Michael's your brother, Mama.  Michaaeel.  MIiiiichaaaeeel, where are you?"

"Miii'ael.  'ere are you?"

"Look, DragonMonkey, now you've got your brother calling for this imaginary person.  Is this an imaginary friend or something?  Because, honestly, you're creeping me out.

"No, he's real.  Miiiiichael.  Come here!"  The DragonMonkey runs around the corner at top speed, in search of Michael.

"Miii'ael!  'mere!" echoes the Squid, following in his footsteps.


We don't have any Michaels in our family.  I checked his preschool roster - nope.  No Michaels there, either.

Dude.  Who the heck is Michael?





Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Bif said...

Imaginary friend who apparently is actually an imaginary uncle.

He should be saying "Uncle Michael."

Or, uh, there's a ghost in your house.

Good luck with that.

April 7, 2013 at 9:43 PM  
Blogger AareneX said...

See if you can get Uncle Michael to clean the bathroom. An imaginary friend like that is WELCOME at my house!

April 7, 2013 at 10:35 PM  
Blogger CT said...

I was going to suggest a ghost as well. Is your house built on an old graveyard?

April 8, 2013 at 2:29 AM  
Blogger Half Dozen Farm said...

If you think that's creepy, wait until one of them has a night terror. OMG!

My 9 year old had an episode a week ago (she had a UTI and was running a fever). She was sitting up in bed, and seemed wide awake, even talking coherently to me, but would then stare at something just over the top of my head and would freak out screaming "stop staring at me!" Totally wigged out me and her Dad! She didn't remember a thing the next day! Soooooooo wierd!!

April 8, 2013 at 1:41 PM  
Blogger Half Dozen Farm said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

April 8, 2013 at 1:42 PM  
Blogger Half Dozen Farm said...

Oh, and Michael is the name of an angel. I would go with that... :)

April 8, 2013 at 1:42 PM  
Blogger Veronica Foale said...

We had an imaginary guy in our house for a while. Amy called him "Mendle".

April 8, 2013 at 5:15 PM  
Blogger Fyyahchild said...

When my oldest son was little (like maybe 3) he scared the crap out of me by insisting there was a kid standing in the corner of the living room that I couldn't see. It wasn't too long after the Six Sense came out and I have to admit I was wondering if he could see dead people.

April 9, 2013 at 6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home