Thursday, October 25, 2012

Puppy Update

I don't have anything much to say, mostly because the kids are currently in the tub, and I'm only mostly sure they're not drowning (kidding, kidding.... I can see them.)

First off:  I forgot how NOT-FUN potty training is.  Does anyone remember how long it takes to potty train a puppy?  I've had her a week and we're about halfway there, but seriously - it'd be nice to turn my back once in awhile.

Anyways, I'd give you TONS AND TONS of really cute photos, because seriously - Artemis is one of the cutest puppies I've ever seen, but the truth is that black dogs are kind of impossible to photograph.  I go to take a picture of her, and it just looks like some kind of dark, amorphous blob holding a ball in its mouth.

Also, I only have a cell phone to take a picture, and by the time I get it out and take a shot, it's usually a picture of a dark, amorphous blob's tail exiting stage left.

I did, however, manage to get a couple today, so here you go:



(About three minutes after I left the breeder's.)








(She's an old pro at car rides now.)














We are pretty lucky to have a dog like her - we definitely got pick of the litter - and I'm not just saying that - that's what the breeder told me.  

The only downside I've found thus far with her is that she's smart.  Like, really smart.  I know that sounds like a good thing, but I was secretly hoping for a middle-of-the-pack intelligence.  Dumb dogs are easier, and you can be a little lazier about training them.   We're looking into clubs near us so we can start training her to hunt - I like dog training, The Bean likes hunting (I want to hunt elk, but ducks don't interest me at all), and Artemis wants a job, so it seems like it will be a good fit for everyone. 

She's 15 pounds at just shy of 8 weeks - that's a three pound weight gain in one week.  Yeesh.  Provided I keep her slim and limit her food, she should mature around 75 pounds or so.

Anyways, I know this is the world's most boring post, but I did give you puppy pics, so hopefully it wasn't a complete waste of your time. 

Hey, as a reminder - NaNoWriMo's almost here!  Is anyone else doing it with me?





10 Comments:

Blogger Natalia said...

AWWW PUPPY AWWW SO CUTE AWW. This definitely isn't the world's most boring post.

And I might be doing NaNoWriMo, I have a feeling my friend is going to rope me into it since I have an idea for a book series already.

October 25, 2012 at 1:27 PM  
Blogger Wanderlust said...

Look at her! She SO wants to herd chickens.

As someone currently cleaning up (repeatedly) after a new kitten with GI issues, I feel your pain. Like, really really really feel it.

October 25, 2012 at 2:18 PM  
Blogger Justaplainsam said...

So cute!!

October 25, 2012 at 2:50 PM  
Blogger Bif said...

With a name like Artemis, I would never have guessed either of you liked hunting!

October 25, 2012 at 5:46 PM  
Blogger mugwump said...

Can't NaNuNaNu...suffering from puppy envy.....

October 26, 2012 at 5:28 AM  
Blogger Horseyhabit said...

awwww!!! So cute! Do you still have your Cocker spaniel too?


October 26, 2012 at 7:39 AM  
Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

Smart dogs are hard to train!!!! But worth it!

No nanowrimo for me. I did that a few years back, when I had a new puppy, and I highly recommend it. The sleep deprivation will make your writing so interesting! You'll surprise yourself every time you read what you wrote!!

October 26, 2012 at 3:18 PM  
Blogger Veronica Foale said...

SO CUTE. You've just killed my remaining brain cells.

And yes, NaNo, here I come. I am an idiot, but I'll try.

October 26, 2012 at 3:54 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

What a seriously cute, squishy puppy!

October 26, 2012 at 7:11 PM  
Blogger Dom said...

I freaking love her...

October 27, 2012 at 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home