Friday, July 6, 2012

Who Can Resist?

Hello, Coyote.




You're looking kinda nervous today, what's up?


Wow, geez, little buddy... you've never run over like that before when I called you.  What's up?







You're never this needy.  Seriously - you're worrying me.  Here, I'm going to go sit out on the front porch.  Want to come with me? I mean, I like it that you're in this affectionate mood, but it's not like you.  You're really worrying me.

Quit threading your way between my ankles, you're going to make me trip. Scoot.  I said 'get.








No, Coyote, you don't have to leave.  Just go sit on the porch railing - that's your favorite spot.  Maybe it'll calm you down some.  There, that's better.

Aww, I love you, too.  Man, listen to you purr.  I can never hear you purr this loud.  I can hear you from across the porch. 

Seriously, what's gotten into you today?

Here, you obviously need some loving.  Kitty, kitty.  Here, kitty, kitty.  Let me pet you---

What the...?

You're skin and bones.

And wait...aren't your eyes normally yellow, instead of green?







Oh.







Hello, stray cat.









No, no... I can't feed you.  If I feed you, you'll stay.

Shoo.

I said, shoo.

Oh, forget it.  It's obvious neither one of us believe me.

Let me get you some food.

Oh, man.  You poor thing.  Let me get you some more food.

Some water?









No, quit following me into the house, I'll be out in a second.


Here, here's some water.


There, that's better.  How do you feel?








You're welcome.


11 Comments:

Blogger Laura Crum said...

Becky--I have so done exactly that. Say hi to your new cat. But what else can you do?

July 6, 2012 at 3:10 PM  
Blogger AareneX said...

That "S" imprinted on your forehead?

It stands for "suckah."

July 6, 2012 at 6:16 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

TWO black cats are luckier than ONE black cat.

July 6, 2012 at 6:30 PM  
Blogger Tervpack said...

So will the new cat's name be "Roadrunner"? To go with your Coyote?

July 6, 2012 at 6:41 PM  
Blogger CG said...

Oh, he's cute! And obviously smart too, heee heee!

July 6, 2012 at 11:15 PM  
Blogger lytha said...

oh why can't this happen to me!? i'd love that!

July 6, 2012 at 11:30 PM  
Blogger CT said...

awwwww!

July 7, 2012 at 12:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it that he impersonated your other cat to gain entry into your life. Very clever. He might have hoped that you'd kick the other cat out and let him stay. He's obviously the most loving. Cats are very good at plots.

July 7, 2012 at 6:42 AM  
Blogger Jamethiel said...

Sooo....when are you gonna send these poor lost animal vibes my way? Yesterday I just told Tristan I would give him until after Christmas before I adopted a dog, but if a poor lost pup shows up on my doorstep I might break him in early!
Also, think of how awesome your house will be for trick or treaters this year! Two black cats?

July 7, 2012 at 7:13 AM  
Blogger Bif said...

Sounds like an upgrade from Coyote ;-)

Hope he fits in well... =)

July 8, 2012 at 10:29 AM  
Blogger Funder said...

If only The Bean didn't read your blog, you'd totally get away with it. "No, honey, there's just one black cat. You must be imagining things. He gets around really fast, that's all."

July 8, 2012 at 1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home