Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fire, Fire, Everywhere

I don't know about the rest of you, but until this morning I hadn't heard much about the fire in Montana. I thought Colorado was the only place in danger.

The Ash Creek fire in southeast Montana is only 55% contained, and it is nearing 250,000 acres burned.  Over 70 residences destroyed - and that's an old figure.

Janice from "Go West" Feral Woman survived - but it wasn't easy.  If you can take a moment to pray for her, please do.  Her story is harrowing, and there is a lot of work ahead of them.

Does anyone know if there is a place to donate, or any way we can help out?  I don't know about the rest of you, but sometimes I feel closer to my friends in the blogging community than I do to my own neighbors, and I feel useless just sitting here and reading news story and blog updates.






1 Comments:

Blogger Aspen M said...

How about donating to the Red Cross? Seems like they'd be involved when people have lost homes.

Also, often when specific people/families have great losses, the community sets up a fund for them through a local bank. Perhaps that has happened for your blogger friend?

No great personal losses here, but my 91 y.o. Mom lives in Colorado Springs. She's fine, but I've been concerned about her even having to breathe all the smoke.

July 7, 2012 at 12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home