Thursday, April 26, 2012

World's Most Boring Post - Stroller Suggestions?

Yeah.

I suck.

I haven't written anything in forever.

I've got several posts halfway finished, but between packing, and work, and the two kids, and stomach flu (Yay! I lost a pound!), and blah, blah, blah, nothing is really getting finished.

Don't worry - The Bean won't let me forget about this blog.

"When are we going to see a new post?"

"Got any posts in the works?"

"You know, you haven't updated in awhile...."

Anyways, I'll get something out soon.  Pinky swear.

Meanwhile, I have a question - and I apologize in advance to all you people without kids, because this is gong to be one of those boring mom questions.

It's okay - you can click away now.  Maybe there's something interesting on Youtube?  Have you logged onto Facebook lately?  Maybe one of your friends has posted something funny over there?

Anyways.

I need to find a good double jogging stroller. I don't really run, so I don't want a fixed front wheel.   I just want to find something a little more rugged than my Sit-and-Stand so it can go over grass or lumpy sidewalks. I have a Honda Civic, so it needs to be able to fit in a smallish trunk.  Got any suggestions?  Pretend money's not an issue - Well, okay, it is a little bit of an issue (have you seen some of the prices out there? $700 for a STROLLER?!  I've bought cars that were cheaper than that!), but I'm addicted to Craigslist and can probably find a good deal, so don't let price stop your suggestions.


Okay.  I'm done with the mundane, boring questions.  Sorry 'bout that.


Here's a funny XKCD comic for putting up with it:







Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Bif said...

I am sorry I have no stroller advice. But I would like to request another post!

It's not like you are busy with work or kids or packing up all your family's possessions or whatever.

Thanks!

April 28, 2012 at 9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm... Check Fred Meyer's when you get moved. Don't worry. You can't miss them. They're everywhere since they originated in Portland.

April 29, 2012 at 6:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I had a great stroller - look for a jog stroller with larger wheels. That's the key. Big wheels make it easier to deal with life's bumps in the road.

Only thing is it required an engineering degree to get it disassembled to fit in the trunk. I mean, it was *possible* but in the same way that it's possible to have a flat stomach after two kids.

So get thee a bike rack. or a pick up truck.

April 29, 2012 at 7:34 PM  
Blogger Bookmaster said...

I had a Baby Trend Expedition "jogging" stroller and i loved it. I took it to the park all the time, and I found that it was quite adequate for long walks, even though it wasn't a real "jogging" stroller. The three wheel design & actual tires (rubber, inflatable, with spokes--not plastic wheels) are what made the difference. I found a double version, and it is pretty cheap (might be too cheap? see if you can check it out in a store!). http://www.target.com/p/Baby-Trend-Expedition-Double-Jogger-Green-Tea/-/A-12919612

April 29, 2012 at 7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home