Thursday, July 19, 2007

Tampon Mice

I came home from work today to a lovely sight... In fact, the only way I can really think to describe it is with a really long, run-on sentence. So, here goes:

My kitten raided beneath my sink, pulled out a box of tampons (yes, yes, I know it's not kosher to actually talk about those things... but oh well), removed a tampon from the box, removed the wrapper from the tampons, removed the absorbent cotton from the applicator, and finally chewed the cotton into fuzzy submission.

From what I can tell, she repeated this process WITH THE ENTIRE BOX OF TAMPONS. I believe she might have spent the greater part of the day artfully rearranging the tampons around my room. While I can certainly understand why she would be interested in them (they actually do kind of resemble the little catnip mice I buy her to play with), I still find it kind of disturbing to walk into my room and find my kitten delicately batting at the cotton "tail" on the end of her new "mouse".

I've already picked up about six or seven of these things, and I have no idea where she's stashing them. I can't see a single tampon-mouse, but every time I assure myself that they are really, truly gone, I turn around and see her scurrying about with a fresh "kill".

Of course, being me, rather than actually hunting down her secret stash, I think I'm just going to shut off my light and go to sleep.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WEIRD... don't have guests over until you're sure you've found them all! :P

July 19, 2007 at 5:37 AM  
Blogger julia said...

HAHA!!!

Your life seriously parallels my own (except I don't have a cat). This is the exact kind of thing that happens to me, and I always find it really funny. That's what keeps us great - we think everything is funny! Even things that maybe shouldn't be! And I love to tell people about the stupid funny things that happen to me - this makes me love having a blog.

July 22, 2007 at 6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home