Friday, April 2, 2010

Just a couple more days....



So, last January I landed a job as an Executive Assistant. For those of you that don't know, an Executive Assistant is just a fancy way of saying Personal Assistant. At any rate, right now my life revolves around helping my boss and his family get out the door for an extended business trip. I've been pulling 12 hour days here for almost a week, and that number is expected to rise until D-Day, which is early next week.

Sorry I've been MIA, but after 12 hours of sitting in front of a computer screen frantically typing away while at work, the thought of sitting back down in front of one when I get home is so distasteful it makes my teeth hurt. I've got a couple of stories that are in rough-draft form, so as soon as I go back to a more normal schedule, I'll see what I can do getting back on the ball of updating this blog at least every other day.

In the meantime, I'll just leave you with this comic from xkcd.org . Enjoy his archives. Hopefully that'll keep you busy until I come back... since I know you guys don't actually have lives and just sit around pining for my next intermittent post. Right? Right.



Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger JJ said...

That is hilarious. It actually reminds me of my job. I was hired in as a future tech writer and am now a receptionist for a bunch of Engineers! My dream job ~ N to the OT!

April 2, 2010 at 6:34 AM  
Blogger Veronica Foale said...

Come baaaaack.....

Yeah, I know. You'll be back when you're not quite so busy.

Mope mope mope

April 2, 2010 at 3:19 PM  
Anonymous WarsawMommy said...

Hi Becky,

I found you through Veronica and her contest... I read your llama (was it llama?) post, and laughed. And then poof! You were gone!

So. Get your boss on the damn plane or whatever it is, and come back ;)

April 5, 2010 at 3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home