Thursday, November 26, 2009

Please, No, Not Another Story for My Blog.....

Hold onto your hats, folks.

After bragging to my family about my mad turkey-cooking skillz, I commandeered the turkey-cooking for the family Thanksgiving. After all, I couldn't trust the turkey to anyone else--- it might come out dry.

I decided on a delicious recipe, where you create an Emeril-Essence rub, and then baste the turkey periodically with chicken stock and apple cider. You stuff the lucky bird with onions, orange, celery, bay leaf, and a touch of the powder. Before you put the turkey in the oven you rub 1 teaspoon of the powder all over the turkey.

That is, that's what you would do.

If you were me, you would misread the directions and rup 2/3 of a cup of the powder all over the turkey, coating it in a gelatinous, powdery muck, marvelling that the recipe would call for so much powder.

Two hours into the cooking I realized my mistake. I've tried to do damage control, but I think I just ruined Thanksgiving.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Veronica Foale said...

Well, update! Could you scrape it off? Rub briskly with the baste? Pretend that it was EXACTLY what the recipe called for and blame the recipe writer?

November 26, 2009 at 2:38 PM  
Anonymous Kim (frogpondsrock) said...

I agree with Veronica and as I am the one that taught her to cook,I reckon she gives good advice. Scrape it off and baste madly.

November 26, 2009 at 3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps you could pick it up and run it under water?? JK, well not really......

November 26, 2009 at 3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home